What do I need to get started?

Before you can start learning, you need to get a provisional driving licence. This is easy to do – you can apply for one online at www.direct.gov.uk, or by filling out a D1 application form which you can get at the post office.

Once you’ve got your provisional license, you can contact me and we’ll get started with your lessons!

I’m a bit nervous – what will happen in our first lesson?

First of all, don’t worry! I’ve taught many nervous drivers. We’ll do everything at your pace. And you will be entirely safe throughout, because dual-controls mean I can take control of the vehicle at any times.

In our first lesson, you’ll get familiar with the car and understand how it works. Our lesson will be on the road, but in a quiet area. You will move the car, and stop the car, and begin to tackle some simple junctions.

I promise you it’s going to be fun; you will laugh and enjoy it.

Will you collect me from home/work?

I can collect you from anywhere that suits you – and drop you off anywhere too.

What kind of car do you use? Can I use my own car?

Everyone starts off in my dual-controlled car, it’s the best and safest place to make your mistakes!

But once you are competent, I’m happy to continue with you in your own (or even Mum’s!) vehicle if you prefer, as long as the vehicle is Fully Comprehensively insured.

How long is a lesson?

Most people prefer two hours, because this ensures that learning progresses at a good pace, and you get a chance to perfect your skills as we work through the syllabus. However, one or one-and-a-half hour lessons are available if you have limited time.

How many lessons do I need, and how often should I have them?

We all learn at different rates, so it varies a lot from person to person. A lot of instructors will quote you a set number of hours, but the truth is that it’s impossible to estimate how long you need until we’ve worked together for a while.

As for how often, this depends on your availability and finances. I will make available as much time as you need. But generally, people try to drive every week.

If you need to learn very quickly, intensive driving lessons are available.

How do I pay you?

I am happy to take cash, or cheques with a guarantee card.

Will I take my test in your car?

My car is available if you would like to use it, but you can also take your test in your own car if we’ve worked in it together.

What qualifications do you have?

I am a Grade 6 DSA Approved Driving Instructor.