Night driving presents very different challenges from daytime driving, and it’s very common for people to feel uncomfortable when they’re first driving in the dark.
There’s no need to avoid night driving – a few night driving lessons can help you become familiar with the different conditions and learn the skills required to manage them, so that you will feel comfortable and confident driving home after an evening out.
Here are some of the things I cover in my night driving lessons:
- Preparing your car for night driving
- Your lights, and how and when to use them
- When it’s safe to overtake
- Avoiding dazzle
- Built-up and rural areas
- What to do when meeting other vehicles
- Safe distances between you and other vehicles
- Adjusting your speed to the distance you can see
- Parking at night
- Night driving in bad weather